How many of the words in the PowerPoints
can you read?
- If you don't know a word ask someone is your house to read it for you.
- Listen carefully to the sounds in the word.
- Copy the word into your busy book.
- Draw a circle around the part of the word that doesn't sound the way you expected it to or makes a sound that is different to it's usual sound.
- Draw a picture with the word that might help to remember it for next time
- Start with Powerpoint 1
- When you can read all of the words in 1 challenge yourself to spell the words using look, say, cover, spell, check
- If you can spell all the words you can Level Up and move to Powerpoint 2
- Each time you have completed one Powerpoint by learning to read and spell the words you can level up!
If you manage to level up past level 7 let your teacher know by emailing us:
so that we can give you more spelling challenges!