If your child is confident recognising all of the set 1 sounds, and can read words such as ship, king, bat, and clap, without any support, then click on the set 2 sounds icon.
Chat on the Mat Time
Remember, our new topic for Chat on the Mat Time is called, "On the Farm" .
Let's start today's activity with a quiz about what you learnt last week, tell a grown up the answers.
1. I waddle when I walk. People like to feed me bread. What am I?
2. I like to eat grass. I am milked in a barn. What am I?
3. I like to roll around in the mud. I live in a sty. What am I?
4. I make clucking noises. I have wings. What am I?
Super! Today, we are going to learn a little bit more about where each animal lives on the farm. Click on the link below to find out some more information.
This lonely chicken can't find his home and family on the farm can you remember what his home looks like? Draw it in your busy books.
Super Challenge Time - If your up for a super challenge today, complete the two sentences below. Use your Fred Fingers to help you with your writing.
A cow lives ___________________ .
A pig lives ____________________ .
Let's start today's Maths activity by counting in 2's, all the way to 20.
0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20
Spectacular counting! Today, at Maths time, we are going to continue to solve problems using our halving skills to help us find the answer, so switch your sharing brains on.
Solve the 3 problems below in your busy books, scroll down for some top tips to help you.
1. Miss Dodgson had 4 chocolate bars. She ate half of them. How many are left?
2. Mr Kirkbride had 6 packets of crisp. He ate half of them. How many packets are left?
3. There were 8 candles on a birthday cake. Half of them were blown out. How many were still alight?
First, look for the number in the problem, and draw this amount of objects.
Next, you halve this amount. Draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper, and put half of the cupcakes on one side, and half of the cupcakes on the other side. Remember to say "1 for you, 1 for you" and share to make it fair.
Then, count how many cupcakes are on each side to find the answer.
Today's story book is called 'The Three Little Pigs'. This story is all about three little pigs who build three houses using different materials. The Big Bad Wolf blows down the first two pigs' houses.. What will happen when he tries to blow down the third house? Click on the link below to find out.