If your child is confident recognising all of the set 1 sounds, and can read words such as ship, king, bat, and clap, without any support, then click on the set 2 sounds icon.
Chat on the Mat Time
Our new topic, for Chat on the Mat Time, is called 'Under the Sea'. Today, we are going to learn about some sea creatures. First, we would like you to tell a grown up the names of the sea creatures you can see below. Parents: If your child needs support, say the name and ask them to repeat it after you.
Super learning! Now, let's play a game called 'What am I?'. We will give you some clues, and you have to guess what sea creature it is, good luck.
1. I have a hard shell on my back. I have cousins that live on land called tortoises. What am I?
2. I have a pointy fin on my back. I have sharp teeth and eat other fish. What am I?
3. I have a big head. I have 8 legs. What am I?
4. I have 2 sharp claws called pincers. I walk sideways on sand. What am I?
Scroll down to the bottom for the answers.
Let's start today's Maths Time by playing a game of 'guess the shape' .
1. Miss Dodgson is thinking of a shape. It has 3 sides and 3 pointy corners. What shape is she thinking of?
2. Mr Kirkbride is thinking of a shape. It has 4 equal sides and 4 pointy corners. What shape is he thinking of?
3. Miss Dodgson is thinking of a shape. It has 1 side and 0 pointy corners. What shape is she thinking of?
4. Mr Kirkbride is thinking of a shape. It looks like a circle chopped in half, and it has 2 pointy corners. What shape is he thinking of?
Fantastic! Today, we are going to continue our learning about 'solid, fat' 3D shapes, so switch your shape brains on. First, tell a grown up the names of the 3D shapes you can see below.
Parents: If your child needs support, say the shape name and ask them to repeat after you.
Super Challenge Time:
Today's super challenge is to look for 'solid, fat' 3D shapes around your home.
1. Can you find a cylinder? a cube? a sphere?
2. What shape is a tin of beans?
3. What shape is an ice cream cone?
4. What shape is a loaf of bread?
5. What shape is an orange?
Super Super Challenge Time:
If your brain is up for a super super challenge today, draw, and then continue the 3D shape patterns you can see below. Complete this activity in your busy books.
Today's story is called 'The Rescue Party'. Percy, the park keeper, is having a day off. It’s a perfect day for doing nothing. But Percy’s peaceful picnic is disturbed when a little rabbit has an unfortunate tumble.
Click on the link below to listen to this fantastic story.
Super busy work everybody.
Come back tomorrow for even more activities to do at home!
Miss Dodgson & Mr Kirkbride.
Answers: 1. Turtle. 2. Shark. 3. Octopus. 4. Crab.