Dear Parent / Carers,
Hello again everyone,
Following the Prime ministers message the school will now be closed to all classes from tomorrow.
However as we did last summer term during the initial lockdown the school will be open to:
- Our vulnerable children, who have already been contacted directly by school
- and for the children where at least 1 parent is a critical worker
Please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/actions-for-schools-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/guidance-for-full-opening-schools for the full breakdown of critical workers
The main school gate will open for the vulnerable and key worker group as normal between 8.45am and 9.05 am School will finish for these groups at 3.15 and the children will leave through the main school gate.
School work will be set for children to access remotely who are not able to attend school and teachers will contact families through google classroom or by phone.
- Class teachers will arrange distance learning to meet current curriculum topics and requirements of the children in their class.
- We will use Google Classroom to set work on-line.
- We will use daily Google MEET sessions with groups of children to check their progress and give feedback.
- We will set paper packs of work that meet current curriculum topics and requirements for our children who are not on-line. Work will be set for 2 weeks and should be given out by Wednesday 6th.
- Children not on Google classroom will be telephoned twice a week by the class teacher to check each child’s progress.
If you need to contact the school or your child’s class teacher for any reason, you can do so through the google classroom e-mail your family has been given, by ringing the school on 0151 733 2556 or by the contacting school’s email email@example.com.
If you are unable to access the internet at home and are not able to access remote learning, please let us know at the earliest opportunity on the school’s telephone number and we will look into alternative options for you.