In Maths, this week, we will be looking at number stories and number problems, playing with toys and equipment and including number/ counting in our play. For example, we could
- count play-people toys and then share them between 2 or 3 children so that everyone has the same amount.
- count toy animals saying who has more/ less
- solve the problem of how many more mini crackers do we need if everyone is to have 4 each.
- play a story with toys at the play park, counting when some play-people go home (simple subtraction).
- play a story with toys, counting when play-people toys return (putting 2 groups together is simple addition).