June 8th Update from Mr. Rigby
I hope you are all well and keeping safe.
As you know since half term the school is open to pupils of critical/key workers and vulnerable children and I am very glad to say that our parents/ carers, pupils and staff all report this to be a great success. In line with our plans for wider opening we have also been organising the phased return of our Y6 children.
Unfortunately we have just received confirmation from Liverpool City Council that, following recent information about the virus and advice from local Public Health colleagues, they are now advising us to delay the wider opening of our school to Year 6 pupils.
As a result, we cannot welcome back any more children until further notice - until it is safe to do so!
Our school will continue to be open for pupils of key workers and vulnerable children.
Over the next couple of days/weeks we expect to receive further advice from Liverpool and Public Health and we will of course l keep you fully informed about when we can re-start our phased re-opening plans.
This delay is a real shame and will be disappointing for lots of children and families and staff as this was planned to be a step towards our ‘new normal’; but the safety of everyone has to be the priority. Our plans and risk assessments have been completed are in place and we will wait until it is safe to open more widely and we will of course keep you updated when any more information becomes available.
Please keep your eye on the school website and our twitter account for further information and you can always contact us by phone or by e-mail email@example.com.
As always, I would like to thank you all for your continued support and patience especially at this difficult and confusing time.
Take care and stay safe everyone,
June 1st Update from Mr. Rigby
I hope you are all keeping safe and well and looking forward to the return of schools re-opening. At Lawrence we are trying to keep to Liverpool’s guideline on the staged re-opening of schools safely.
This Monday, 1st of June, children who were eligible to attend Hubs during lockdown SHOULD attend at our school.
The school is set up and staffed to accommodate the number of children who were eligible to attend the hubs.
FOR SAFETY REASONS IF YOU ARE NOT ELLIGIBLE TO ATTEND (EITHER THROUGH VULNERABILITY OF BEING A KEY WORKER), DO NOT COME INTO SCHOOL AS YOU CANNOT BE ADMITTED.
June 15, we AIM to open to 20 Y6 children for 4 days a week (closed each Friday for deep clean).
This will be 20 children Y6 class one week, followed by another 20 Y6 class the week after and another 20 children the week after that and so on. (1 week in school 2 weeks learning a home).
This rotation system will be the pattern for all returning year groups until changes in social distancing rules mean that we can have more than 8- 10 children in each class.
We have tried to keep the re-opening as simple as possible but, in line with the Government’s and Liverpool’s guidance, it is not a quick process.
Please, unless your child is eligible do not return them to school until you are given an official starting date from school AS FOR SAFETY REASONS YOU CANNOT BE ADMITTED.
Our risk assessments will be under constant review over time, but paper will not keep our children or ourselves safe. We need to rely on good hygiene, keeping to the social distancing rules and good sense to make sure our staged re-opening is safe and successful.
My aim is not to bombard people with letters or lists of instructions but keep communication concise, calm and timely. Once our school is open we will contact families individually with their staged return dates, but please keep checking the website for updated information, I expect that from now on this will happen a lot more.
Keep safe and we will see you soon,
May 15th Update from Mr. Rigby
Hello everybody, I hope you are all keeping safe and well during this very troubling time.
Please read this letter from Steve Reddy the Head of Liverpool Education about the re-opening of schools.
As you can guess, at the moment the instruction and advice being given to schools is changing all the time and is different in different areas of the country.
For our School LAWRENCE COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL, this situation at the moment seems to be this:
June 1: children who have been attending a Hub simply move from their hub school or hub venue to Lawrence. Our school will only be open to the children who attended or could have attended a hub and all these families were contacted and offered their places at the hubs at the beginning of the shut down
SCHOOL WILL NOT OPEN TO ANY OTHER PUPILS UNTIL PROPER RISK ASSESSEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE AND PROPER PROVISION PUT IN PLACE.
When it is time for your child to return to school you will be contacted personally either by phone or mail, so please make sure the school has all your up-to-date contact information.
At the quickest, any other returning children will be at least a couple of weeks after the 1st of June and this will only be for 1 or maybe 2 year groups for 50% of the time as we are only allowed to have classes up to 15 at the moment.
As soon as I know of any timetables for return I will let you know through this website.
It is an ever changing picture but it is essential that as a school we keep our pupils, families and staff safe from spreading Covid-19.
I am sorry if you thought that the 1st June was the starting date for your child as it probably isn’t, but June 1st marks the starting point for all schools across the country to begin staggered re-opening over the next few weeks/months.
The teachers will continue to set work on the website or on google classroom so keep up the good work everybody (and if you haven’t done any work yet have a look and get started!) and I will keep you in touch with any changes that happen.
Take care everyone and hopefully we will see you all soon,